Saturday, September 13, 2014

Battlestar Galactica Viper MkII - Part 3 Details

The basic 3D model is now complete for the Viper MkII and I've moved to the next phase of adding details to the model. I've added the refuel/Plasma details along the sides of the forward fuselage, started to and details on the aft engine sections, and added details to the side engines. I've also tweaked the main fuselage material to look better.





I was going to do the cockpit but the drawings I have don't match the production set cockpit. I'll come back tot he cockpit later and create it basic upon the production model

A good yet limited resource I have found is the drawing and photo on galactiguise.com. I wish I could get my hand on copies of the blueprints...

Just going off topic, I have 5 favourite fictional spacecraft, which I can't, and never will have an outright favourite. These are: 

  • Viper MKII from the 2003 series.
  • The original Viper from the original series.
  • UD-4L Cheyenne dropship from Aliens.
  • SA-23E Mitchell-Hyundyne Starfury from Bablyon 5.
  • Eagle Transporter from Space: 1999.

No comments: