Sunday, August 11, 2013

USS Sulaco (Part 2)

Last night I had trouble getting to sleep, so I thought do a quick hour of 3D modelling on the USS Sulaco to tire me out. At 4am I decided that I should really get some sleep. In those early hours of the morning, I tidied up the Engine and Fusion Torus sections, re-sized and positioned the Particle Beam weapons and eventually connected the four sections together.
Job outstanding:

  • The IR Mast is still not attached to the main hull.
  • The Rail Cannons need to be created. 
  • For the forward antenna array, I need some better drawings to clarify positions
  • Complete the detailing on the underside as well as a basic hangar bay.



In the lower image you can get a sense of scale of the USS Sulaco. The  few pixels below it are an UD-4L Cheyenne Dropship, measuring at 26.5 meters. If the antenna array was complete, the over all length is 731 meters.

No comments: