Saturday, April 30, 2011

Space Shuttle External Tank and Solid Rocket Booster

To compliment the 3D Orbiter, I've started on the External Tank and Solid Rocket Boosters. I've just created a simple model for now, and it will need a series of tweaks to get to look right, especially around the umbilical feeds on the External Tank. The Solid Rocket Boosters are almost complete and only need to have the texture creating. However, I might have to tone down the details on the Solid Rocket Boosters as the polygon count is a little higher than anticipated.



I'm not too sure which design of the External Tank to do (Original , LWT or SLWT), probably all, but there's probably not going to be too much visible difference as the model is only going to have a low/medium number of polygons. Probably :)

Oh, before anyone asks, is this going in a certain iPhone/iPad Space Shuttle Simulator, I can't possibly comment on that ;)

No comments: