Saturday, April 6, 2013

External Tank and Umbilicals

As the NTRS is still off-line, I've had to broaden my searches for technical information. Google and Bing are next to useless to get any high detailed drawings. Sometimes I get a good close up photograph of a part, but the resolution is mostly poor, mostly.

However, from a series of photographs available on the Kennedy Space Center Media Archive I did manage to get good photographs of the External Tank, Umbilical Doors, the Orbiters in Processing, etc. So, for the time being, I have completed the modelling of umbilical and 'pipework' between the External Tank and Orbiter.

2 comments:

DaveS said...

Could you post some screenshots of the umbilical wells on the Orbiter without the ET?

Also have you figured out the umbilical plate disconnect plate retract mechanism?

Unknown said...

I'll Post an image soon ;)

I'm not 100% sure how the retract works so I've not full modeled it.